Fast Home Remedies For Hemorrhoids
Good home remedies for hemorrhoids can work just as well, if not better than the expensive over the counter treatments which you can buy. Many of these only give fleeting symptomatic relief whereas some of the better home remedies for hemorrhoids can give lasting relief and if used properly can prevent the condition from returning at all.
Many over the counter remedies give no relevance to what has actually caused the hemorrhoids in the first place and because of this, they have no benefit at all in preventing future flare ups.
Hemorrhoids are swollen blood vessels around the anal area. In some ways they are very similar to the varicose veins which are found in the legs. When the veins enlarge, they can cause discomfort, intense irritation and in some cases, extreme pain. They can sometimes rupture, causing rectal bleeding. They can be located wither inside or outside if the anus.
Some of the causes of hemorrhoids include a poor diet, lacking in fiber, lifting heavy objects, being overweight, sitting for long periods, obesity and pregnancy. They are extremely common, and it is estimated that over 40% of adults in the Western world will suffer from this during their lives.
As with many other conditions, there is an increased dependency on natural ways of treating various ailments. This is a sensible approach as home remedies for hemorrhoids are not only better for the body but are nearly always a cheaper alternative. They are certainly as effective as over the counter remedies and if you are considering surgery (which is in no way a “cure-all”) then it makes complete sense to try home remedies first.
Surgery in itself can be expensive and very painful and although it can remove individual or groups of hemorrhoids, the recovery time can be lengthy and some people are left with long term problems such as leakage. In addition, one of the main problems with surgery is that it does nothing to prevent hemorrhoids coming back-which is inevitable unless steps are taken to eliminate the cause.
Simple Home Remedies For Hemorrhoids
The following steps may give some fast relief from the pain.
* If you spend a long time each day seated, try using a doughnut cushion (available from pharmacies). Also try to move around a little each hour
* Take a warm shallow bath and raise the legs if possible-this is most effective if done 3 or 4 times during the day
* Increase your fiber intake and drink plenty of water-these two steps in combination will help soften the stools
* Apply diluted witch hazel on a cotton wool ball and allow the area to dry naturally
* Aloe vera gel may soothe the area and give some relief
* Avoid highly spiced foods as these can irritate the bowel
* Try to defecate whenever you feel the need. Holding in stools can increase the pressure on the veins in the anus aggravating hemorrhoids